Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kim Sowol, 'Some Day' (김소월, '먼 훗날')



*Kim Sowol (1902-1934) 
is best known for his contributions to early modern Korean poetry :)



This is a part of a poem that I really, really like.
I wrote it down on a piece of paper during math class haha
Loved the way he used the irony to express that he will never be able to forget his love ;3
Aaaaand here's the whole poem and its translations(...done by me :P)




먼 훗날                                                                            Some Day

                           김소월                                                                     Kim Sowol

먼 훗날 당신이 찾으시면                                If you look for me some day
그 때에 내 말이 “잊었노라”                            My words then would be, “I've forgot”

당신이 속으로 나무라면                                 If you reproach me at heart,
“무척 그리다가 잊었노라”                             “After much yearning, I've forgot”

그래도 당신이 나무라면                                 If you reproach me still,
“믿기지 않아서 잊었노라”                             “I couldn't trust, so I've forgot”

오늘도 어제도 아니 잊고                                Not today nor tomorrow will I forget
먼 훗날 그 때에 “잊었노라”                            But some day then, “I've forgot.”


No comments:

Post a Comment